- 1 What did the Council of Trent say regarding church music?
- 2 Who wrote the music for Roman Catholic Mass?
- 3 Who composed sacred music?
- 4 What did Martin Luther say about music?
- 5 What three actions were taken by the Council of Trent?
- 6 Who said to be the greatest master of Roman Catholic church music during the Renaissance period?
- 7 What are the 3 types of mass in music?
- 8 Who is Catholic in Hollywood?
- 9 What country singers are Catholic?
- 10 What are examples of sacred songs?
- 11 What are the 3 important things about sacred music?
- 12 What is sacred vocal?
- 13 How many hymns did Martin Luther write?
- 14 Why is music important in a religious service?
- 15 What music did Martin Luther listen to?
What did the Council of Trent say regarding church music?
In Canon 8, the council makes its declaration regarding music in the church: “Everything should be regulated so that the Masses, whether they be celebrated with the plain voice or in song, with everything clearly and quickly executed, may reach the ears of the hearers and quietly penetrate their hearts” (Monson).
Who wrote the music for Roman Catholic Mass?
Johann Michael Haydn, younger brother of Joseph Haydn, and prolific composer of sacred music, including 47 masses.
Who composed sacred music?
It was in the Baroque Era, (about 1600-1750 CE), that sacred music began moving out of the Church. While it was still primarily composed to be music for the Church, Handel, with his oratorio, Messiah, brought sacred music to the concert hall.
What did Martin Luther say about music?
In summa, next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest ‘< treasure in this world. It controls our thoughts, minds, hearts, and spirits…. Our dear fathers and prophets did not desire -without reason that music be always used in the churches.
What three actions were taken by the Council of Trent?
The final decrees of the Council of Trent dealt with marriage, saints and relics, and indulgences. The Council of Trent issued statements on marriage Essentially, these statements affirmed clerical celibacy, the veneration of saints, and the issuance (but not the sale) of indulgences.
Who said to be the greatest master of Roman Catholic church music during the Renaissance period?
GRADE 9 MUSIC REVIEW GAME
|The greatest master of Roman Catholic Church music during the Renaissance period.||Palestrina|
|Came from the word “renaitre” which means rebirth, revival and rediscovery.||Renaissance|
|A form of sacred musical composition that sets texts of the Eucharistic liturgy into music.||Mass|
What are the 3 types of mass in music?
The sections of the Proper of the mass include the Introit, Gradual, Alleluia or Tract (depending on the time of year), Offertory and Communion.
Who is Catholic in Hollywood?
Celebrities who are practicing Catholics or were raised in the church
- Denise Richards. Credit: Denise Richards/Getty Images.
- Ariana Grande. Credit: AP / Jordan Strauss.
- Rosie O’Donnell. Credit: Getty Images / Paul Zimmerman.
- Bruce Springsteen.
- Celine Dion.
- Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos.
- Lana Del Rey.
What country singers are Catholic?
A few famous country singers who are Catholic incorporate their religion into their songs. Take a look at this list and find out.
- Rosanne Cash.
- Keith Urban.
- George Morgan.
- Tom Wopat.
- Anne Murray.
- Sammy Kershaw.
- Lorrie Morgan.
- Aaron Neville.
What are examples of sacred songs?
- Machaut, Messe de Notre Dame.
- Palestrina, Missa assumpta est Maria (Seventh Book of Masses)
- Mozart, Great Mass in C Minor, K.
- Rossini, Petite Messe solennelle.
- Brahms, Johannes: Ein deutsches Requiem (A German Requiem)
- Monteverdi, Vespro della Beata Vergine (“Vespers for the Blessed Virgin”)
What are the 3 important things about sacred music?
The 3 important thing that was obtainable from sacred music and its musical equipment include:
- The ability of the music to connect the past with the present.
- The healing power of the sacred music.
- The ability of the music to show the mood of the person at tht particular time.
What is sacred vocal?
A motet can be defined as an unaccompanied choral composition based on a sacred Latin text. Motets were often polyphonic, meaning there were various vocal parts sung at the same time. kvargli6h and 50 more users found this answer helpful.
How many hymns did Martin Luther write?
In total, he composed around 36 hymns himself; some based on German text, others on the Psalms and spiritual commentaries, such as “A Mighty Fortress is Our God”.
Why is music important in a religious service?
Music is a nearly universal part of religion because it appeals to and heightens human senses in a pleasurable way which, in turn, allows humans to praise through a medium that makes worship more enjoyable.
What music did Martin Luther listen to?
Bach, Dietrich Buxtehude and Johannes Brahms, who were all devout Lutherans and composed music for the church. Perhaps the most well-known Lutheran hymn, “ A Mighty Fortress ” has been translated to over 200 languages, making it one of the most translated hymns in church history.