- 1 What should I write a musical about?
- 2 How do I decide what to write a song about?
- 3 What are the most common song topics?
- 4 What are musical ideas?
- 5 What is the main song of a musical called?
- 6 How do you write a unique song?
- 7 How do you write a melody?
- 8 What should my song topic be?
- 9 Why is music sexualized?
- 10 What is a good theme for a song?
- 11 How do the singers sing?
- 12 What should your first song be about?
- 13 How can I practice writing songs?
What should I write a musical about?
When writing a musical, you must figure out your premise, what your show is really about at its core. Once you define your premise, make sure that everything serves that premise – every character, every scene, every line, every song. Anything that does not serve the premise is extraneous and must be cut.
How do I decide what to write a song about?
Choosing a Song Topic With The “Dig Deeper” Method
- Choose one large, all-encompassing topic/idea (love, peace, caring for a loved one, etc.) as your topic, and write it down.
- Ask yourself the simple question: What about it? Start writing ideas down.
- Keep digging deeper.
- Keep digging deeper.
What are the most common song topics?
Most Common Themes in Songs
- Coming of Age/ Growing Up. Many songs deal with growing up or growing older.
- Statements of Discontent. Music can often be used as an expression of frustration with a political situation, or with someone in that singer’s life.
- Friendship. This theme crosses all genres.
What are musical ideas?
A musical idea is a concept expressed in music. Rather than being ideas about music, musical ideas are creations of composers that represent the conceptual pieces of their artwork. Some define a musical idea as the composition of a theme or musical combination.
What is the main song of a musical called?
Musical 101 explains: “The Main “I Want” Song comes early in the first act, with one or more of the main characters singing about the key motivating desire that will propel everyone (including the audience) through the remainder of the show. It is often followed by a reprise.
How do you write a unique song?
I’ve expanded below on how you can go about making sure you’re covering the elements of originality in your songwriting career.
- Discover your own voice.
- Find a Unique Angle on a Common Topic.
- Don’t Follow Trends.
- Keep Your Demos True to the Song.
How do you write a melody?
How to Write a Melody: 9 Tips for Writing Memorable Melodies
- Follow chords.
- Follow a scale.
- Write with a plan.
- Give your melodies a focal point.
- Write stepwise lines with a few leaps.
- Repeat phrases, but change them slightly.
- Experiment with counterpoint.
- Put down your instrument.
What should my song topic be?
Whether that means partying, a call for world peace or social justice, or anything else, your song’s topic needs to be something that taps into or creates a community of like-minded people. Write 1- or 2-sentence descriptions of familiar songs.
Why is music sexualized?
This is demonstrated in research that has found that increased exposure to sexualized music is related to expectations regarding sexual activity, sex-role stereotyping, permissive sexual attitudes, sexual beliefs, and sexual scripts (Aubrey, Hopper, & Mbure, 2011. G. (2011).
What is a good theme for a song?
Unique Song Theme Ideas A memorable first line to draw the listener in. Perhaps an unusual twist of events, or the way the person talking perceives or solves the problem. You could repeat phrases or lines, or use an unpredictable rhyming word.
How do the singers sing?
The physical act of singing occurs as air passes through the larynx, throat, and mouth, and it’s interesting to note that vocal resonation in singing involves seven areas of the human body: chest, tracheal tree, larynx, pharynx, oral cavity, nasal cavity, and the sinuses.
What should your first song be about?
To get the most out of writing your first song, you should take note about what’s successful in your process and what needs work. This sort of reflection should happen during the writing process and when your first song is finished.
How can I practice writing songs?
How to Practice Songwriting
- Rewriting lines of lyric. Take a line of lyric you’ve written, and challenge yourself to rewrite it in as many different ways as you can.
- Invent words and phrases.
- Changing melodic shapes.
- Brainstorming titles.
- Convert a lyric into a story.