- 1 What format should an EPK be in?
- 2 How do you write a press release for music?
- 3 What should a music press release include?
- 4 How do you write a press release for an artist?
- 5 How do I send an EPK?
- 6 Is ReverbNation an EPK?
- 7 How do you write a single press release?
- 8 How do I write a single press release?
- 9 What does an electronic press kit look like?
- 10 When should you send a music press release?
- 11 What does a PR do in music?
- 12 How do you push music?
- 13 What is an artist press kit?
- 14 How long should an artist press release be?
- 15 How do you write a press release example?
What format should an EPK be in?
Generally most media prefer Word docs as they are easier to copy and paste into an unformatted document. It is easy enough to provide both options, just by using the “save as” menu option in Word to convert your file into PDF format.
How do you write a press release for music?
How To Write a Press Release for a Music Release: 6 Critical Points
- Know when to use a press release.
- Include relevant details.
- Develop a compelling title.
- Proofread your press release.
- Keep it simple.
- Avoid self-promotion.
What should a music press release include?
A press release is by definition about something that just happened or is about to happen (which means it’s not a bio, though it may and most likely should include some biographical information, nor is it an album synopsis, although if it’s an album you’re promoting, you do want some specific info related to it in your
How do you write a press release for an artist?
Write a Press Release in 16 Easy Steps
- Answer who: Tell whom the event is about.
- Answer what: Tell what the event is.
- Answer when: Be specific with the date.
- Answer where: Give a precise location.
- Answer why: If the event happened in the past, tell why it happened.
How do I send an EPK?
- Treat the EPK and the cover email as a serious application.
- Select and include your best material.
- Make sure your EPK represents your band and its members in a true light.
- Keep your EPK concise and relevant.
- Include up-to-date pictures.
Is ReverbNation an EPK?
Sites such as ReverbNation and Adobe Spark are great platforms for music promotion and creating your EPK. The platform offers additional tools such as Crowd Reviews, which allows you to submit your music and get unbiased feedback from real fans. You can also explore gig opportunities using Gig Finder.
How do you write a single press release?
Writing a Press Release in 7 Simple Steps
- Find Your Angle. Every good news story has an angle.
- Write Your Headline. Your headline should grab the attention of your audience.
- Write Your Lede.
- Write 2 – 5 Strong Body Paragraphs With Supporting Details.
- Include Quotes.
- Include Contact Information.
- Include Your Boilerplate Copy.
How do I write a single press release?
Publicising yourself is not easy, so here are our best top tips for how to write a killer music press release that will get you noticed. Let’s get started!
- Make It Newsworthy.
- Keep It Short & To The Point.
- Write In The Third Person.
- Make It Visual, But Not Flashy.
- Title, Not ‘Headline’
What does an electronic press kit look like?
EPK photos may include headshots, band and promotional shots, CD cover art, and liner graphics. Your Press Coverage: An EPK also shows off press coverage including reviews and interviews along with endorsements from radio and television outlets.
When should you send a music press release?
What time should you send your press release? The best time to send a press release is between 10 am and 2 pm—this is when editors open about one -third of all the emails they ‘ve received. Early mornings are less effective: open rates drop to 20.5% between 6 and 10 am.
What does a PR do in music?
A music PR firm works to get exposure for a band’s music through interviews, album reviews, news relays, press releases, tour announcements, radio airplay, and everything in between. PR is often seen as a “free advertising”, since you don’t have to actually pay the media — except that it’s never really free.
How do you push music?
Here are 10 ways to promote your music online:
- Create your own Music Website with Wix Music.
- Promote your Shows on Bandsintown & Songkick.
- Get your own YouTube Channel.
- Host your Music on Apple Music / iTunes.
- Add your Music to Last.fm.
- Familiarize yourself with Reddit Music.
- Upload your music to Spotify.
What is an artist press kit?
A press kit is just what it sounds like, as it is a group of documents presenting the artist’s background, education, experience, past exhibitions, publishing achievements, competition awards along the artist’s current and future shows, etc.
How long should an artist press release be?
The length of your release should be between 400 and 1000 words.
How do you write a press release example?
- Press release examples and templates: Our models.
- Press release examples: announce a partnership.
- Press release examples: announce figures or a study.
- Press release examples: announce an acquisition/merge.
- The inverted pyramid.
- The press release: the essentials.
- Outline of the press release.