How do you add drum notation in Finale?
Fortunately, Finale makes it easy to add the instrument to your document because it automatically configures both display and playback for you.
- Choose Window > Score Manager.
- In the Instrument List tab, click Add Instrument and choose All > Percussion > Cajón.
- Choose the Simple Entry tool.
How do I change percussion sounds in Finale?
The Power of Finale, Part 3: Changing Percussion Sounds
- Choose the Selection Tool, then indicate the measures you wish to adjust.
- Go to Utilities > Transpose Percussion Notes.
- Select the note you’d like to change (Low-Mid Tom) then indicate what sound you’d like to change it to (Conga):
How do you make a percussion staff in Finale?
- Choose Window > ScoreManager, click Add Instrument, and choose the desired percussion instrument (or, Blank Staff to start from scratch).
- Near the clef display, click Select.
- Choose one of the three pre-defined staves from the Staff pop-up menu.
- Choose Notation Style > Percussion if it’s not already selected.
How do you change the stem direction in Finale?
- Choose the Speedy Entry tool and click the measure in question.
- Click the note whose stem you want to flip (or use the arrow keys to position the insertion bar).
- Press L to freeze the stem in the opposite direction.
- To restore a stem to its “floating” status, position the insertion bar on the note and press CTRL +L.
Do you need to read music to play drums?
Can you learn to play the drums without reading music? Sure. In fact, there are many self taught drummers that do quite nicely by themselves. If you want to get the best out of your drumming adventure in a more realistic timescale, then learning to read music will help you achieve this.