- 1 How many words should a program note be?
- 2 How do I list music in a program?
- 3 What is the purpose of program notes?
- 4 How do you make a concert program?
- 5 What is included in a program note?
- 6 What makes a good program note?
- 7 What are some examples of program music?
- 8 What are the 4 types of program music?
- 9 How do you write a song title in a program?
- 10 Do program notes need citations?
- 11 What is difference between Programme and program?
- 12 Do you cite sources in program notes?
- 13 How do I create a concert program in Word?
- 14 What is on a concert program?
- 15 How do I create a concert program in Canva?
How many words should a program note be?
How long should my program notes be? Each program note should be at least a paragraph (but two paragraphs are also fine). If it helps, aim for 100 to 300 words per program note.
How do I list music in a program?
Include a space on each side of the ellipsis. collection, opera, or musical, and list the selections (non-italicized) below the title, indented, without quotation marks. Use “from” to indicate a portion of the work is to be performed; list the title alone to indicate the entire work is being performed.
What is the purpose of program notes?
Program notes serve two purposes: to provide historical and background information on the piece and, if necessary, the composer, and to give the audience some sense of what to expect, and what possibly what to listen for, when listening to the work.
How do you make a concert program?
7 Tips to Design Successful Concert Programs
- Know Your Audience. Just as different foods suit varying age groups, settings, and times of day, programs should be tailored to specific people and occasions.
- Choose Music You Can Handle.
- Begin with Welcoming Music.
- Vary the Energy.
- Indulge and Surprise.
- End Strongly.
What is included in a program note?
The program note takes the form of a short text about a musical work, often containing historical context, composer biographical details and compositional thinking. It can, in reality, be viewed as a form of analysis of the work.
What makes a good program note?
What are program notes? A good set of program notes will do two essential things: 1) Give the audience a sense of the work’s history. Traditionally, notes include the facts of a work’s creation: the dates of composition and first performance, and where and by whom it was first performed.
What are some examples of program music?
Musical forms such as the symphonic poem, ballade, suite, overture and some compositions in freer forms are named as program music since they intended to bring out extra- musical elements like sights and incidents.
What are the 4 types of program music?
Orchestral programme music
- the tone poem (or symphonic poem)
- the concert overture.
- the programme symphony.
How do you write a song title in a program?
Typically, album titles are italicized, just like book titles, journal titles, or movie titles. Song titles are enclosed in quotation marks, as is often the case with poem titles, book chapter titles, or article titles.
Do program notes need citations?
PROGRAM NOTES Notes that are neither periodicals nor collections should include (when available) author, titles of notes, title of concert, ensemble, director, location and performance date. If no author is indicated, simply add “ Program notes.” to the end of the citation of the performance.
What is difference between Programme and program?
Programme is a British English spelling variant of program; both refer to an outline in a prescribed order or an agenda, such as a program at a theater. Since the 20th century program has also referred to computer code, and in this case both the British and American spellings are the same.
Do you cite sources in program notes?
Plagiarism The program notes must represent your own work. It is not necessary to cite your sources as you would in a research paper, but if you quote from a source you must cite it (author and title in parentheses). The idea is to do research, internalize the information, and then put it in your own words.
How do I create a concert program in Word?
How to Make a Program on Microsoft Word
- Open Microsoft Word, click the “File” tab and click “New.” Double-click the “More templates” folder under the “Available Templates” section.
- Double-click the ” Programs ” folder to open the collection of Word program templates.
- Click into the program title text box.
What is on a concert program?
What Goes in a Concert Program? A great concert program includes: A title page with information about the concert setting. A list of the pieces being played, along with their composers and arrangers.
How do I create a concert program in Canva?
How to make an event program
- Log in or sign up. Get started with Canva using your Facebook or Google account.
- Find the perfect template. If you don’t want to start from scratch, you can browse event program templates for every theme.
- Experiment with features.
- Keep customizing.
- Share or print.