- 1 Where can I find music recommendations?
- 2 How do I write a music review?
- 3 Where is the best place to post music?
- 4 How do I get my music discovered?
- 5 Is there an app that recommends music?
- 6 What is this song playing?
- 7 What can I write about music?
- 8 What makes a good song review?
- 9 What are the best music review sites?
- 10 Where can I submit my music for free?
- 11 How do I get my music noticed online?
- 12 How do I make my song go viral?
- 13 How do you get famous in music?
- 14 How do you market your music?
- 15 How do I get my music heard 2020?
Where can I find music recommendations?
6 smart tools that will help you discover new music
- Gnoosic. If you’re looking for a bare-bones recommendation tool, it doesn’t get much simpler than Gnoosic.
- TasteKid. Like Gnoosic, TasteKid surfaces recommendations based on your existing tastes.
- Beats Music.
How do I write a music review?
8 Tips on How to Write a Music Review
- Listen. Before you start writing a review, listen to the music from start to finish at least twice.
- Research Is Key. Once you’ve listened to the music, do your research.
- Think About Context.
- Consider Different Angles.
- Avoid Bias.
- Be Honest.
- Write Clearly.
- Edit Your Review.
Where is the best place to post music?
The 5 best websites for musicians and bands to host music
- Bandzoogle. Shameless plug, yes, but if you only host your music on one website, make it your own band website.
How do I get my music discovered?
How Can I Get My Music Discovered?
- Register your band for as many websites as possible, for example SoundCloud, Facebook, Last.fm, Tumblr, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Get on new websites as soon as they launch.
- Get your music out there.
- Ask for feedback from people, but don’t get angry if the reaction is negative.
Is there an app that recommends music?
Yes, there are the giants that come to mind first: Pandora, Spotify, and Rdio. But we’ve gone through the best of iOS / Android apps to find you 10 fantastic new ways to discover the music you love.
- Band of the Day.
- Hype Machine.
What is this song playing?
On your phone, touch and hold the Home button or say “Hey Google.” Ask “What’s this song?” Play a song or hum, whistle, or sing the melody of a song. Hum, whistle, or sing: Google Assistant will identify potential matches for the song.
What can I write about music?
Here’s five tips designed to help get you thinking about what to write about in your music:
- Write a fictional story and develop characters.
- Make music about your family.
- Find something interesting in your daily routine and write about it.
- Write about your struggles.
What makes a good song review?
A good music review makes the reviewer’s opinion absolutely clear, 2. Don’t quote more than a few choice lyrics and don’t analyze every song in detail. Make your points with one or two good examples.
What are the best music review sites?
10 Best Music Review Sites To Submit To (Or Read!)
- Heart Eyes Magazine. I’ll be honest.
- Pitchfork. Pitchfork is a great in-between site that features both mainstream and indie artists.
- Honey Punch Magazine.
- The Young Folks.
- The Luna Collective.
- Local Wolves.
- Ones To Watch.
Where can I submit my music for free?
10 Sites to Submit Your Music to Spotify Playlists for Free
- Indiemono. Indiemono is one of the largest independent playlist communities.
- Soundplate. Soundplate has a selection of playlists curated by their team.
- Simon Field.
- Daily Playlists.
How do I get my music noticed online?
Note: This article contains affiliate links where the author may receive a commission.
- Promote your email list.
- Send your music to a radio station.
- Reach out to a music blog for a review.
- Post on social media.
- Comment on something that interest you.
- Write a blog post.
- Reach out to a playlist curator.
- Look at your analytics.
The first step to make your music go viral is to have something share-worthy! It has to be either so good people can’t help but share (like Beyonce), or have a media component tied to it that appeals to your audience. Think about Old Town Road by Lil Nas X, the song went viral and his music career sky-rocketed.
How do you get famous in music?
- Build Your Way Up To Fame.
- Have A Unique Selling Point If You Want To Become A Famous Singer.
- Market Yourself As A Singer.
- Learn How To Sing Properly.
- Collaborate With Musicians And Industry Figures That Are Bigger Than You.
- Join A Band & Generate A Ton Of Interest In The Music.
- Build Your Following & Own It.
- Never Give Up.
How do you market your music?
How To Promote Music in 2021
- Build a Website and Email List. Though social media is an important place for artists—every musician could benefit from a dedicated website.
- Get on Playlists.
- Create Content on Social Media.
- Reach Out to Local Radio Stations, Blogs, and Podcasts.
How do I get my music heard 2020?
Here are 6 Strategies you can use to get your music heard in 2020.
- Make Your Demo. This one may seem obvious, but it’s still worth noting.
- Network. This isn’t a new idea, but it’s a good idea, and it works.
- Library Music.
- Market To Businesses.
- Create Your Personal Brand.
- Build An Email List.