- 1 Where can I write a music review?
- 2 How do you write a music review for an album?
- 3 What should I look for in a music review?
- 4 How do you start a song review?
- 5 How do you end a music review?
- 6 How can I make money doing music reviews?
- 7 How do you write music?
- 8 What are the best music review sites?
- 9 How do you analyze music?
- 10 How do you write a music report?
- 11 How do you compliment a good song?
- 12 How do you criticize music?
- 13 How do you write an album?
- 14 How do you write an album description?
Where can I write a music review?
Get Paid To Write Music Reviews
- Submitting To Music Publications. M Music & Musicians. Relix. Rolling Stone Magazine. Making Successful Submissions.
- Writing Music Reviews For More Generic Websites.
- Reviewing Music For Playlists, Artist Distribution.
- Following Your Own Path.
How do you write a music review for an album?
6 Rules Every New Music Writer Should Follow When Writing an Album Review
- Listen to the album at least 5 times.
- This is your view!
- Make sure to clearly state your opinion – the earlier in the review the better.
- Don’t be influenced by other reviews of the album.
What should I look for in a music review?
Always start with a background check of the artist you are reviewing. Play their back catalog, get to know their music in details. Compare it to previous works if you have to. Check who is this person, where do they come from, how long have they been involved in music.
How do you start a song review?
8 Tips on How to Write a Music Review
- Listen. Before you start writing a review, listen to the music from start to finish at least twice.
- Research Is Key. Once you’ve listened to the music, do your research.
- Think About Context.
- Consider Different Angles.
- Avoid Bias.
- Be Honest.
- Write Clearly.
- Edit Your Review.
How do you end a music review?
Just remember that you analyze the song and write a review of it. 6. Describe how you feel about the album in the last sentence. Your final sentence will imprint in the reader’s memory and will help to decide whether to buy the album or not.
How can I make money doing music reviews?
Music Websites that Pay
- Musicxray. Musicxray is a platform for singers/songwriters to submit their songs and earn money by listening to music.
- Playlist Push. How cool would it be if you could listen to songs and get paid for reviewing them?
How do you write music?
6 Tips for Writing About Music
- Buy a box of reporter’s pads immediately.
- Listen to all types of music.
- Constantly read about music.
- Experience live music as often as possible.
- Write about what you don’t like.
- Google “ music magazines” and “ music blogs.”
What are the best music review sites?
10 Best Music Review Sites To Submit To (Or Read!)
- Heart Eyes Magazine. I’ll be honest.
- Pitchfork. Pitchfork is a great in-between site that features both mainstream and indie artists.
- Honey Punch Magazine.
- The Young Folks.
- The Luna Collective.
- Local Wolves.
- Ones To Watch.
How do you analyze music?
Here are some guidelines as to what you can do during each listening pass:
- First pass. Take note of each individual musical element in the following list, and write down your observations for each category.
- Second pass. Focus on two or three of the individual elements in the first pass that stand out to you.
- Third pass.
How do you write a music report?
Include the names of the performers, the names of the pieces that were performed, the venue and atmosphere, and the general reaction of the audience. Include specific details about the music itself concerning the instrumentation, the rhythm, the texture and tempo of music.
How do you compliment a good song?
- “ Great musicianship, you play with confidence and vocally you have a really good tone.”
- “Vocally you have a great tone and really good control on the high notes, a great overall performance.”
- “Vocally you have a booming voice and bags of character in your tone.”
- “ Great power and control are all there!”
How do you criticize music?
Here are four tips for giving better feedback to use the next time your friend asks you to listen to their demo.
- Avoid value judgment.
- Direct all comments to the music (not the person)
- Point out the positives along with your criticisms.
- Differentiate talent from taste.
How do you write an album?
Recording Your Album: Songwriting Tips & Inspiration
- Write every day.
- Reserve judgement for later versions of your work.
- Don’t toss out a song at the beginning just because it sounds like another song.
- Write on location.
- Use songs you love as a jumping off point.
- Change up the instrument you’re writing on.
How do you write an album description?
A Few Pointers
- Use good keywords. These are descriptive words that would make someone want to stop and listen to your music.
- This is not a bio. The style description is a couple sentences about this particular album.
- Ask your fans. If you’re still stumped, ask your fans on MySpace, Facebook and Twitter.