- 1 How do you write a press release for an artist?
- 2 What should be included in a press release for music?
- 3 How do you announce a music release?
- 4 What is an artist press kit?
- 5 How long should an artist press release be?
- 6 How do you write a single press release?
- 7 How do you push music?
- 8 How do you get a music press?
- 9 When should I send my EPK?
- 10 When should you send a music press release?
- 11 What does a PR do in music?
- 12 What is the best day to release music?
- 13 How do you promote your music effectively?
- 14 Should I release an EP or singles?
How do you write a press release for an artist?
Write a Press Release in 16 Easy Steps
- Answer who: Tell whom the event is about.
- Answer what: Tell what the event is.
- Answer when: Be specific with the date.
- Answer where: Give a precise location.
- Answer why: If the event happened in the past, tell why it happened.
What should be included in a press release for music?
A press release is by definition about something that just happened or is about to happen (which means it’s not a bio, though it may and most likely should include some biographical information, nor is it an album synopsis, although if it’s an album you’re promoting, you do want some specific info related to it in your
How do you announce a music release?
How to promote an album release
- Engage your fans on Twitter when releasing new music.
- Share your excitement and anticipation about a new album with fans.
- Announce the release date of your next album or single.
- Promote the hashtag for your new album.
- Give fans a peek of the new album’s artwork.
What is an artist press kit?
A press kit is just what it sounds like, as it is a group of documents presenting the artist’s background, education, experience, past exhibitions, publishing achievements, competition awards along the artist’s current and future shows, etc.
How long should an artist press release be?
The length of your release should be between 400 and 1000 words.
How do you write a single press release?
Writing a Press Release in 7 Simple Steps
- Find Your Angle. Every good news story has an angle.
- Write Your Headline. Your headline should grab the attention of your audience.
- Write Your Lede.
- Write 2 – 5 Strong Body Paragraphs With Supporting Details.
- Include Quotes.
- Include Contact Information.
- Include Your Boilerplate Copy.
How do you push music?
Here are 10 ways to promote your music online:
- Create your own Music Website with Wix Music.
- Promote your Shows on Bandsintown & Songkick.
- Get your own YouTube Channel.
- Host your Music on Apple Music / iTunes.
- Add your Music to Last.fm.
- Familiarize yourself with Reddit Music.
- Upload your music to Spotify.
How do you get a music press?
5 Tips for Getting Press for Your Music
- Find the Right Music Blogs.
- Communicate Via Email.
- Remember That You’re Addressing A Human Person.
- Include Plenty of Information.
- Build Relationships.
- Waste A Writer’s Time.
- Get Discouraged.
When should I send my EPK?
While you can use an EPK when pitching a venue, a label, a music supervisor and just about any business contact, for the sake of clarity, let’s say you’re pitching a magazine to cover your work. First: You want the writer to read your email and go to your EPK to learn more. If your pitch did the trick, great!
When should you send a music press release?
What time should you send your press release? The best time to send a press release is between 10 am and 2 pm—this is when editors open about one -third of all the emails they ‘ve received. Early mornings are less effective: open rates drop to 20.5% between 6 and 10 am.
What does a PR do in music?
A music PR firm works to get exposure for a band’s music through interviews, album reviews, news relays, press releases, tour announcements, radio airplay, and everything in between. PR is often seen as a “free advertising”, since you don’t have to actually pay the media — except that it’s never really free.
What is the best day to release music?
The answer comes down to two main points: chart calculations and support from streaming services. If you’re looking to secure a chart position, you will benefit from releasing your music on a Friday. It gives you the maximum amount of time to accumulate sales and streams within one Friday to Thursday chart week window.
How do you promote your music effectively?
7 top marketing strategies for musicians
- Find out who and where your fans are.
- Don’t ignore existing fans while trying to make new ones.
- Social media music marketing strategies.
- Focus on creating compelling non-musical content.
- Send your music to blogs, playlists and press outlets.
- Create and monetize your own artist website.
Should I release an EP or singles?
Third – Release A Longer EP For A Mixture Of Exposure And Either Money Or Contact Details. Once you’ve got a short EP up and released your first single, it’s usually best to release another single. After a few singles are released and you have a few songs under your belt, you’ll want to go on to release bigger works.