- 1 What makes a good song review?
- 2 How do you write a good album review?
- 3 How do you write a music article?
- 4 Where can I write a music review?
- 5 What are the best music review sites?
- 6 How can I make money doing music reviews?
- 7 How do you write a perfect album?
- 8 How do you write an album description?
- 9 What do you talk about in an album review?
- 10 What can I write about music?
- 11 What kind of music do you like write few sentences about it?
- 12 How do you start a music essay?
- 13 How do you publish a music review?
- 14 Is there a Letterboxd for music?
- 15 How do you write a performance review for a song?
What makes a good song review?
A good music review makes the reviewer’s opinion absolutely clear, 2. Don’t quote more than a few choice lyrics and don’t analyze every song in detail. Make your points with one or two good examples.
How do you write a good album review?
6 Rules Every New Music Writer Should Follow When Writing an Album Review
- Listen to the album at least 5 times.
- This is your view!
- Make sure to clearly state your opinion – the earlier in the review the better.
- Don’t be influenced by other reviews of the album.
How do you write a music article?
6 Tips for Writing About Music
- Buy a box of reporter’s pads immediately.
- Listen to all types of music.
- Constantly read about music.
- Experience live music as often as possible.
- Write about what you don’t like.
- Google “ music magazines” and “ music blogs.”
Where can I write a music review?
Get Paid To Write Music Reviews
- Submitting To Music Publications. M Music & Musicians. Relix. Rolling Stone Magazine. Making Successful Submissions.
- Writing Music Reviews For More Generic Websites.
- Reviewing Music For Playlists, Artist Distribution.
- Following Your Own Path.
What are the best music review sites?
10 Best Music Review Sites To Submit To (Or Read!)
- Heart Eyes Magazine. I’ll be honest.
- Pitchfork. Pitchfork is a great in-between site that features both mainstream and indie artists.
- Honey Punch Magazine.
- The Young Folks.
- The Luna Collective.
- Local Wolves.
- Ones To Watch.
How can I make money doing music reviews?
Music Websites that Pay
- Musicxray. Musicxray is a platform for singers/songwriters to submit their songs and earn money by listening to music.
- Playlist Push. How cool would it be if you could listen to songs and get paid for reviewing them?
How do you write a perfect album?
Recording Your Album: Songwriting Tips & Inspiration
- Write every day.
- Reserve judgement for later versions of your work.
- Don’t toss out a song at the beginning just because it sounds like another song.
- Write on location.
- Use songs you love as a jumping off point.
- Change up the instrument you’re writing on.
How do you write an album description?
A Few Pointers
- Use good keywords. These are descriptive words that would make someone want to stop and listen to your music.
- This is not a bio. The style description is a couple sentences about this particular album.
- Ask your fans. If you’re still stumped, ask your fans on MySpace, Facebook and Twitter.
What do you talk about in an album review?
Write about what the band is doing next. If the album you are reviewing is from a band or artist that is still active, talk about their future plans. If they’re going to go on tour, tell your readers when.
What can I write about music?
Here’s five tips designed to help get you thinking about what to write about in your music:
- Write a fictional story and develop characters.
- Make music about your family.
- Find something interesting in your daily routine and write about it.
- Write about your struggles.
What kind of music do you like write few sentences about it?
My favorite kind of music is country, hip-hop, R +B, pop and rock, I love listening to music because it helps me calm down and fall asleep. My favorite genre of music is all types of music except country. I like metal, hip-hop, R&B, pop, and techno.
How do you start a music essay?
8 Tips for Writing an Essay About Music
- Listen and Understand the Music You’re Going to Write About.
- Research the Background Information About the Music.
- Come up with the Skeleton of Your Essay.
- Create a Strong Topic for Your Essay.
- Work on Making Your Introduction Stand Out.
How do you publish a music review?
So here are 10 things to consider when you’re submitting an album for review:
- Do your research.
- Don’t ask if people would like to listen to it.
- Offer a streaming link.
- Offer a streaming link.
- If you really have to offer a download link, make it light and convenient.
- Build a landing page for your album.
- Trust the soup.
Is there a Letterboxd for music?
For music, this kinda sounds like the lovechild of Last.FM and Discogs. But, while those sites have their particular focuses (‘scrobbling’ and marketplace) this musical Letterboxd is solely about music nerds and fans congregating and talking about music.
How do you write a performance review for a song?
Musical Performance Review Writing Steps
- Provide brief information about the performance, the artists, and their past performances in the first part of the article.
- Write an analysis of the ideological content.
- Evaluate the vocal performance.