- 1 How do I contact a music blog?
- 2 How do you send an email to a music blog?
- 3 How do I reach a music blogger?
- 4 How do you write a pitch for a music blog?
- 5 How do you approach a music blog?
- 6 How can I add music to my blog?
- 7 How do you send music through email?
- 8 How do you write a music pitch email?
- 9 How do you write a music feature email?
- 10 What do you talk about in a music blog?
- 11 Where can I submit my music for free?
- 12 How do you email an artist for a feature?
- 13 How do you pitch your music?
- 14 How do you pitch?
- 15 Where can I pitch my music?
How do I contact a music blog?
Below is a step-by-step process you can use.
- Find Blogs.
- Make a List.
- Write an Email Template.
- Work with a Public Relations Professional.
- Make Sure Your Music Is Actually Ready.
- Submit Music Before It’s Released (or Within a Month After)
- Follow the Submission Guidelines.
How do you send an email to a music blog?
8 steps to sending the perfect email to music blogs
- Do your research: Find out blogs and websites are available and what they cater to.
- Write a Subject: Once you’ve done your research and found the email of the blog or website, write a subject for your email.
- Make it personal: Don’t just start an email.
How do I reach a music blogger?
How to get music bloggers to reply to your email
- The typical music blogger gets 348 emails per day.
- Start Local.
- Find Your People.
- Keep It Short and Direct.
- Tell your story.
- Promote yourself to top of inbox.
- Give thanks the blogger way.
How do you write a pitch for a music blog?
How to pitch your music to blogs. In 15 steps
- 1: Finding the right blogs.
- 2: Finding how the blog wish to be contacted.
- 3: Pick Your time.
- 4: Name in email address.
- 5: Subject line.
- 6: Opening line.
- 7: Introduce yourself.
- 8: Let them know what you are hoping to get from them.
How do you approach a music blog?
5 Strategies to Get Your Music Featured on Blogs
- Research content creators. If you want your music featured on Stereogum or Pitchfork, research the writers who cover your genre of music.
- Send exclusives.
- Don’t mention competitors.
- Have a clear call-to-action.
- Be brief, creative, and professional.
How can I add music to my blog?
Uploading the Audio Clip
- Point your browser to a free online file host such as File Dropper, WikiUpload or zShare (links in Resources).
- Click the “Choose File” or “Browse” button, and select your audio file from the dialog window that opens.
- Copy the code that appears in the Link or URL text field.
How do you send music through email?
So you want to submit your demos to your favourite record labels? But maybe you’ve send a few emails or DMs and have had no luck.
- Step 1: Write (Actual) Good Music.
- Step 2: Choose The Right Label.
- Step 3: Find The Right Person.
- Step 4: Write & Send The Email.
How do you write a music pitch email?
How To Write The Perfect Email Pitch
- Don’t send a mass email.
- Don’t be vague.
- Don’t pitch via social media.
- Do make it personal.
- Do include all your social media, website, and music links.
- Do read the blog’s submission guidelines.
- Do include what artists you sound like.
- Do keep it short and to the point.
How do you write a music feature email?
How to Send a Killer Email to Anyone in the Music Industry
- Be concise. Have you ever met somebody who tells really long stories with way too much detail?
- Be up front and tell people what you want.
- Have a detailed email signature that includes your EPK.
- Don’t send attachments.
- Don’t be afraid to follow up.
- Be nice.
What do you talk about in a music blog?
10 Things To Blog About
- Preview An Upcoming Show Or Tour.
- Talk About Music That Inspires You Or Other Local Musicians.
- Create A Narrative Around An Issue Or Subject You Care About.
- Talk About Your Songwriting And/Or Recording Process.
- Give Advice Or Tips About The Industry.
- Give A Behind-The-Scenes Look At Rehearsals & Shows.
Where can I submit my music for free?
10 Sites to Submit Your Music to Spotify Playlists for Free
- Indiemono. Indiemono is one of the largest independent playlist communities.
- Soundplate. Soundplate has a selection of playlists curated by their team.
- Simon Field.
- Daily Playlists.
How do you email an artist for a feature?
Email Tips For Art Professionals
- Set up a professional email address. Your email address reflects a lot about you.
- Fill out the “subject” heading.
- Write to the right person.
- Identify yourself.
- Follow basic proper writing rules.
- Make it readable.
- Be clear and concise.
- Write in a positive professional tone.
How do you pitch your music?
Do’s of pitching songs.
- Make sure that your song fits what the artist is looking for VERY closely.
- Make sure your song is competitive.
- Keep your pitches to a minimum.
- Make your presentation business-like.
- Start small when pitching songs.
- Never send unsolicited CDs or pitches of any type.
- Don’t put 20 songs on a CD.
How do you pitch?
12 Easy Steps to a Perfect Pitch
- Get to the point fast. It’s a known fact that attention spans are getting shorter and shorter.
- Don’t use too many slides.
- Establish the need.
- Use a message map.
- Use a multilevel structure to your pitch.
- State who your competition is.
- Include a sound bite.
- Introduce the team.
Where can I pitch my music?
5 Creative Places To Pitch Your Music
- How to find the perfect music blog. When it comes to pitching your music to a music blog, there are a few tried and true ways to find the perfect fit.
- Build the relationships.
- Social Media Video Platforms.
- Playlists (but not the kind you think)
- Local venues.
- Other artists.