- 1 What does a good EPK look like?
- 2 How do I make an electronic press kit?
- 3 What should be included in a music press kit?
- 4 How do I contact a music artist?
- 5 What do you need in an EPK?
- 6 How much does an EPK cost?
- 7 Is ReverbNation an EPK?
- 8 Is an EPK the same as a website?
- 9 What is an artist press kit?
- 10 How do I send an EPK?
- 11 Where can I host my EPK?
- 12 How do you write a music press release?
- 13 How do I get an artist email?
- 14 How can I get signed to a record label?
- 15 What record labels are looking for new artists?
What does a good EPK look like?
An EPK should feature your artist bio, music, promotional photos, tour dates, high-quality videos, relevant media, achievements, links to your social media, and contact details. A successful EPK represents you as an artist, your brand, and your musical identity.
How do I make an electronic press kit?
How do I create an EPK?
- Sign up for Sonicbids. The Sonicbids EPK makes consolidating all your information and submitting it to promoters easier than ever.
- Start with the basics.
- Organize your calendar.
- Connect your EPK with all your social media.
- Add high-quality songs, photos, and videos.
- Apply for opportunities.
What should be included in a music press kit?
An EPK typically includes links to a band’s music, band photos, album art, music videos, social media, and biography: everything someone in the music industry will need to grasp a band’s story, style, and substance in one place. EPKs have become so popular that they have overtaken traditional press kits.
How do I contact a music artist?
Be original, interesting, engaging – not just another semi-obsessed fan – and you stand a chance at getting your favorite music people’s attention!
- Try Twitter.
- Try Instagram.
- Try networking.
- Try official contact.
- Try other social media.
What do you need in an EPK?
What do you include in an EPK?
- A Well Written Bio. Not a chronological listing of gigs, but your story.
- Photos. Include at least two, be sure they are hi-res and downloadable.
- Press Clippings/Quotes.
- One Sheet.
- Press Release(s)
- Postcards & Promotional items.
How much does an EPK cost?
The costs for these printed kits range from $700 to $5000…and that’s just for the design. You can tack the cost of printing on top of that. An electronic press kit ( EPK ) comes in digital format such as a website, email or downloadable file.
Is ReverbNation an EPK?
Sites such as ReverbNation and Adobe Spark are great platforms for music promotion and creating your EPK. The platform offers additional tools such as Crowd Reviews, which allows you to submit your music and get unbiased feedback from real fans. You can also explore gig opportunities using Gig Finder.
Is an EPK the same as a website?
An Electronic Press Kit ( EPK ) is a useful way to promote your band. It comes in any digital format such as a website, email or downloadable file. Your site itself can be considered as an EPK. You can also upload EPK files to your site by adding document files to your site.
What is an artist press kit?
A press kit is just what it sounds like, as it is a group of documents presenting the artist’s background, education, experience, past exhibitions, publishing achievements, competition awards along the artist’s current and future shows, etc.
How do I send an EPK?
- Treat the EPK and the cover email as a serious application.
- Select and include your best material.
- Make sure your EPK represents your band and its members in a true light.
- Keep your EPK concise and relevant.
- Include up-to-date pictures.
Where can I host my EPK?
Where To Host Your Band EPK: Website, Cloud or Music Service
- Dropbox or Other Cloud File Storage. This is an easy answer – I would do all three.
- Your Band Website.
- Own The Ability To Update Your Website Content.
- Music Services Like ReverbNation and Sonicbids EPKs.
How do you write a music press release?
How To Write a Press Release for a Music Release: 6 Critical Points
- Know when to use a press release.
- Include relevant details.
- Develop a compelling title.
- Proofread your press release.
- Keep it simple.
- Avoid self-promotion.
How do I get an artist email?
Email Tips For Art Professionals
- Set up a professional email address. Your email address reflects a lot about you.
- Fill out the “subject” heading.
- Write to the right person.
- Identify yourself.
- Follow basic proper writing rules.
- Make it readable.
- Be clear and concise.
- Write in a positive professional tone.
How can I get signed to a record label?
- Write a Great Bio. First things first: make sure your brand is properly and professionally represented online.
- Prepare Your Tunes. Remember about producing and delivering good quality.
- Do Your Research. Do Your Research.
- Be Relevant.
- Think Like a Label.
- Send it Out!
- Submit a Demo to Blue Label Records.
What record labels are looking for new artists?
That said, at the time of writing, the following record labels are looking for artists:
- Atlantic via Emerge (pop, R&B)
- Babygrande (hip-hop, indie, EDM)
- Captured Tracks (indie, post-punk)
- Century Media (hardcore, metal, hard rock)
- Dim Mak (electronic, punk, indie, hip-hop)
- Domino (indie)
- Epitaph (punk, emo)