- 1 How do you write a press release for a band?
- 2 What should a music press release include?
- 3 How do you announce a music release?
- 4 How do you write a single press release?
- 5 How do you push music?
- 6 What is a band press release?
- 7 How can I make my music independent?
- 8 What does a PR do in music?
- 9 When should you send a music press release?
- 10 Should I release an EP or singles?
- 11 What is the best day to release music?
- 12 How do you release a song as an independent artist 2020?
- 13 How do I make an EPK?
- 14 What is a single press release?
- 15 What does an electronic press kit look like?
How do you write a press release for a band?
Tips for writing a band press release
- Create a dynamic headline. Your headline is the piece that builds interest in your story.
- Answer the Five Ws. Like in any news story, the first paragraph of your band press release should include the basic facts.
- Get into the details.
- Summarize the event.
- End with a call to action.
What should a music press release include?
A press release is by definition about something that just happened or is about to happen (which means it’s not a bio, though it may and most likely should include some biographical information, nor is it an album synopsis, although if it’s an album you’re promoting, you do want some specific info related to it in your
How do you announce a music release?
How to promote an album release
- Engage your fans on Twitter when releasing new music.
- Share your excitement and anticipation about a new album with fans.
- Announce the release date of your next album or single.
- Promote the hashtag for your new album.
- Give fans a peek of the new album’s artwork.
How do you write a single press release?
Writing a Press Release in 7 Simple Steps
- Find Your Angle. Every good news story has an angle.
- Write Your Headline. Your headline should grab the attention of your audience.
- Write Your Lede.
- Write 2 – 5 Strong Body Paragraphs With Supporting Details.
- Include Quotes.
- Include Contact Information.
- Include Your Boilerplate Copy.
How do you push music?
Here are 10 ways to promote your music online:
- Create your own Music Website with Wix Music.
- Promote your Shows on Bandsintown & Songkick.
- Get your own YouTube Channel.
- Host your Music on Apple Music / iTunes.
- Add your Music to Last.fm.
- Familiarize yourself with Reddit Music.
- Upload your music to Spotify.
What is a band press release?
Bands commonly issue press releases when they have a new album, are beginning a new tour, have an upcoming concert, or have been signed to a new label. Just be sure it’s an important event. If you’re constantly spamming the local media with press releases, it won’t take long for them to start ignoring you.
How can I make my music independent?
How to release music independently, the checklist:
- Get your artist profiles setup!
- Get set up with a music distributor that suits your needs.
- Sign up to PRS to collect all your royalties from radio play etc.
- Make sure you’re happy with your final mix & master.
- Devise a marketing plan that captivates and creates hype.
What does a PR do in music?
A music PR firm works to get exposure for a band’s music through interviews, album reviews, news relays, press releases, tour announcements, radio airplay, and everything in between. PR is often seen as a “free advertising”, since you don’t have to actually pay the media — except that it’s never really free.
When should you send a music press release?
What time should you send your press release? The best time to send a press release is between 10 am and 2 pm—this is when editors open about one -third of all the emails they ‘ve received. Early mornings are less effective: open rates drop to 20.5% between 6 and 10 am.
Should I release an EP or singles?
Third – Release A Longer EP For A Mixture Of Exposure And Either Money Or Contact Details. Once you’ve got a short EP up and released your first single, it’s usually best to release another single. After a few singles are released and you have a few songs under your belt, you’ll want to go on to release bigger works.
What is the best day to release music?
The answer comes down to two main points: chart calculations and support from streaming services. If you’re looking to secure a chart position, you will benefit from releasing your music on a Friday. It gives you the maximum amount of time to accumulate sales and streams within one Friday to Thursday chart week window.
How do you release a song as an independent artist 2020?
The answer is simple. They use a distribution agency. These agencies are designed to help independent artists release their music. The process is simple:
- Create an account.
- Upload your song and album artwork.
- Wait for 2 – 4 weeks for approval.
- Receive an official release date of your song.
- Start receiving royalties.
How do I make an EPK?
How do you create an EPK on your website?
- Decide on the goal for your EPK. An electronic press kit is commonly used to garner press.
- Gather all of your content for your EPK.
- Add your bio, music, and more to your EPK template.
- Check and adjust your EPK’s design.
- Get your EPK to work for you.
- Update your EPK regularly.
What is a single press release?
A music press release is a written statement to various media outlets that inform them of a release or an event. This could be a debut single, EP, album, music video or show.
What does an electronic press kit look like?
EPK photos may include headshots, band and promotional shots, CD cover art, and liner graphics. Your Press Coverage: An EPK also shows off press coverage including reviews and interviews along with endorsements from radio and television outlets.