- 1 How are indie songs structured?
- 2 How do you write an indie pop song?
- 3 What is the middle 8 in a song?
- 4 What are the 3 parts of a song?
- 5 What key are most indie songs in?
- 6 What chords are used in indie songs?
- 7 What should I write a song about?
- 8 What are the 7 guitar chords?
- 9 How do you structure a song?
- 10 What is the difference between pop and indie music?
- 11 What are some good song titles?
How are indie songs structured?
Verse: Lyrically, verses are where you tell the story. The chord structure tends to revolve around the tonic. Chorus: The lyrics of the chorus provide the central message of the song. The chords are typically going somewhere different than in previous sections, often to a IV or V chord to start.
How do you write an indie pop song?
Brainstorm. Take a blank piece of paper and title it with the topic of your choice, then write down as many thoughts, lines, words and ideas that come to mind. A really important aspect to brainstorming for writing an indie song is to think of metaphors. Interesting, thought provoking and obscure metaphors will do.
What is the middle 8 in a song?
In music theory, ” middle eight” (a common type of bridge) refers to a section of a song with a significantly different melody and lyrics, which helps the song develop itself in a natural way by creating a contrast to the previously played, usually placed after the second chorus in a song.
What are the 3 parts of a song?
Most of today’s hit song structures are made up of of three different sections: Verse, Chorus, and Bridge.
- CHORUS: The chorus has the same melody AND the same lyric each time we hear it.
- VERSE: The verses all have the same melody but different lyrics.
What key are most indie songs in?
Major and Minor are the most common in western music for most styles. Indie is a very general term but if it means being experimental then you can always make up your own scales using the 12 notes in the western system.
What chords are used in indie songs?
Major and minor triads are by far the most common triads you’ll find in indie music. However, you can also use less common diminished and augmented triads for a different sound. Diminished triads, made from a root, flat third, and flat fifth, give a darker, jazzier sound.
What should I write a song about?
Personal / Artist Songs
- Write a song that introduces us to you as an artist.
- Write a song that introduces us to someone else as an artist.
- Write a song based on your key life philosophy.
- Write a song that tells us something nobody else knows about you.
- Write a song about a major event in your life.
What are the 7 guitar chords?
Notes in chord
- C7 C – E – G – Bb.
- C sharp 7 C# – F – G# – B.
- D7 D – F# – A – C.
- D sharp 7 D# – G – A# – C#
- E7 E – G# – B – D.
- F7 F – A – C – Eb.
- F sharp 7 F# – A# – C# – E.
- G7 G – B – D – F.
How do you structure a song?
A typical song structure includes a verse, chorus, and bridge in the following arrangement: intro, verse — chorus — verse — chorus —bridge — chorus — outro. This is known as an ABABCB structure, where A is the verse, B is the chorus and C is the bridge.
What is the difference between pop and indie music?
Indie pop (also typeset as indie – pop or indiepop) is a music genre and subculture that combines guitar pop with DIY ethic in opposition to the style and tone of mainstream pop music. Compared to its counterpart, indie rock, the genre is more melodic, less abrasive, and relatively angst-free.
What are some good song titles?
- Walking Home.
- Say It to Me Softly.
- What’s Stopping You?
- In My Arms Tonight.
- Touch the Moon.
- Racing to Somewhere.
- Blue Waters.